Erica K on Sep 9th 2009
I have always liked cheese dip for corn chips. However, once I learned that processed cheese was not exactly a health food, I needed to find an alternative recipe. I tried making chili con queso (which was delicious), but the texture was not correct. Then some friends gave me the idea of a cheese dip made with cream cheese. Brilliant!
I do not have a recipe for this dip. However, I do have the formula. Just follow these simple instructions. But don’t get too attached to them. Experiment with your own seasonings and the ratio of beef to cream cheese. Make this dip your own.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Ground Beef (I usually use about 1 lb)
- Olive or coconut oil
- Finely Chopped Onion
- Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder
- Ground Black Pepper
- Mexican Seasoning (or spices of choice)
- Cream Cheese (I usually use about 3 8-oz. packages per lb. of beef), cubed
Here’s What To Do:
1) Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions until soft. Add the garlic, seasonings, and beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
2) Add about 1/4 cup of tomato paste and water and stir until well mixed. Add water until a thick sauce is formed. Adjust the heat to medium-low and add the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and the dip is hot. Serve immediately.Subscribe to my RSS feed. ~ Get email updates. ~ Twitter. ~ Facebook.