Erica Lea on Feb 19th 2010
These cookies are a lovely blend of one of favorite flavor pairs - Chocolate & Peanut Butter. In fact, my favorite cookie recipe stars those two ingredients.
But I had nothing to worry about! These cookies do have a very soft and chewy texture, but the flavor is straightforward and scrumptious. Make them with 60% cacao baking chips, and these cookies are lovely treat.
Note: The original recipe didn’t call for any butter, salt, or vanilla; I added all three.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from the little red house
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (homemade or regular)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the oats, salt, and baking soda. Add to the peanut butter mixture and stir well. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough will be very soft and sticky.
4) Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
Follow me on twitter…Subscribe to my RSS feed. ~ Get email updates. ~ Twitter. ~ Facebook.